Digg

Tuesday

Day 1 - 19th June

On my first day with vision, I woke and removed my protective eye shields. These are recommended for the first 3 nights to prevent touching or rubbing at night. (Your eyes, that is)
I looked over to the clock and for the first time in many years, I could tell what time it was without holding that damn clock 8 inches to my face. It was great. I was almost too happy to go to the clinic. And then I saw these red blotches on the whites of my eye.
I looked like I belonged on the front of a Japanese horror dvd. They were burst blood vessels which apparently happens. They formed at the top of my eye, under my eye lids and were not visible. However, by raising my eye lids, I could have easily given some Children a taste of their own medicine and emptied out the entire playground within minutes. But that’s another blog.
At the clinic, they said my eyes were perfect. I was told to read the charts with each of my eyes. My right was better than my left. I could read the entire bottom line (20/20) My left eye could read most of them. There was haziness and halos did appear around light. Vision for most people will be hazy. Like looking through a slightly unclean pair of spectacles. My eyes were still not comfortable but this is all part of the healing process.

No comments: