Digg

Tuesday

Doctor 4 - Driving over patients toes since '99

Doctor 4 – A doctor friend of mine and I were talking on the phone and catching up. I told him what I went through and he said he’ll get me a name and get back to me. Soon enough, I was doing the same tests. At this point in time, I didn’t need a doctor to do anything, I could have shined the torch and performed all the tests on myself.

But for the sake of respect, I pretended it was my first time. I didn’t want this doctor to have an edge over the other one, or the other one, or the other one. So he continued with his examination and as he came towards me, the wheels of his chair went over my toes. I kept my mouth shut to see if he would realize what he had just done. Oblivious as ever he says, “Don’t worry, your eyes are in safe hands.”

We continued to do the other tests and as we checked my power, he dropped a bunch of lenses. As he bent down to pick them up, he was an inch away from banging his head. Yeah baby, I couldn’t wait till this man worked laser magic on my corneas!

Disappointed and squinting against the bright light, I left his clinic and my search ended.

No comments: