Digg

Tuesday

Doctor 2 - Sir Ben Kingsley

Doctor 2 – A week later and after more research, I heard of another doctor who had the latest and most accurate equipment. I took an appointment and went to his clinic after not wearing my contact for a full 3 days. There, the receptionist told me, I’d have to go to his other clinic for the tests. So then why take my appointment here. The doctor realizes I’ve come all the way and agrees to see me. He was very kind and told me to do my research online and prepare a list of questions for him for the next appointment.

A few days later, I took my 31 questions over to him. After the tests were done and he was confident that I was a good candidate he asked for my questions. I started asking and he started looking at his watch on the third question. By the fifth, he seemed irritated. He answered my questions with arrogance and came across like Ben Kingsley demanding to be called Sir Ben Kingsley. Now I respect all doctors, even the quacks. I respect all professions and races of people. So it really gets to me when someone doesn’t give me the respect I give them. I don’t care if you’re a doctor, a celebrity chef, or a politician. Even Hannibal Lector had the decency to be polite and I think that’s the least we owe each other. But what the hell? This was the probably the best doctor with the best equipment and he explained how the other machines in the market have greater chances of complications. I left, confused as ever.

On one hand, it was a doctor who was sure nothing could go wrong. On the other hand, it was a doctor who would probably push me out the window if something did. Maybe he was in a hurry because with the appointment mix up he saw his patients twice instead of once. Maybe he needed the loo. Disappointed and squinting against the bright light I left his clinic and my search continued.

I should add that I did pay his consultation charges and fees for the tests. Doctor 1 however was free but I did offer again before I left.

No comments: